Light String is a pose-able geometry node that allows you to position it wherever you might need it. Created in Blender 4.0. May work in Blender 3.6
Available for download
- Go to File > Append and select the file. Navigate to Node Groups and select BulbString.
- Alternatively, go to Collections and select the BulbString collection (you can stop here if you just want to see it in action)
- Add two empty objects to your scene.
- Add a plane or a cube. Go into edit mode and collapse into a single vertex.
- In Properties, click on the Modifiers tab and select Geometry Nodes.
- Click on the Node Trees button and select BulbString from the dropdown.
- Select the object that you want to use for your bulb (Object field).
- Select the two empties for the start and end of the string.
- Adjust the string sag using the available fields.
- Adjust the number of bulb objects you want on your string.
- Configure your material accordingly (see Demo Video).
- Emission (brightness) can be controlled from the Geonode.